Ipas Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 [Experienced Only]: A total of 01 “National Senior Finance Manager” vacancies for Experienced only Candidates. Applicants must apply before October 04, 2023. The Ipas Ethiopia is currently located at Addis Ababa.
Ipas Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 – Ethio Jobs. The Ipas Ethiopia looking for “National Senior Finance Manager” Vacancy. Ipas Ethiopia has released the job notification to hire the candidates who completed a Degree in B.A. may apply on or before October 04, 2023.
Ipas Ethiopia has published an employment notification September 17, 2023 in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date. Ipas Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023.
Ipas Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023
|Ipas Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 A total of 01 vacancies for Experienced only.|
|Position||National Senior Finance Manager|
|Opening Date||September 17, 2023|
|Closing Date||October 04, 2023|
|Job Location||Addis Ababa|
|Salary||As per Company Scale|
Job Vacancy Summary
- Hiring Authority: Ipas Ethiopia
- Department: HR Department
- Organization Type: Private
- Employment Type: Full time
- Position: National Senior Finance Manager
- Total Vacancy: 01
- Closing Date: October 04, 2023
- Application Process: Offline
- For more information: 011 663 3379/ 011 662 6311
- Official Website: www.ipas.org
The National Senior Finance Manager provides leadership and management of the finance team, financial advice to the country director, responsible for fiscal management, financial reporting, and overall strategic support to the country office. The Senior Finance Manager is also responsible for leading the finance team and ensuring fund management through accurate budgeting, recording expenditures, timely Government/donor reporting, reviewing, and processing payments, and backup for processing cash and accounts payable as well as expeditious implementation of Ipas programs. This role includes managing, auditing and supervising finance and accounting staff in the Country office. This position will collaborate with global finance, human resources, operations, and the program units for all matters related to accounting, reporting, auditing, and compliance. The Senior Finance Manager is responsible and accountable for accurate financial data records as well as financial system training of the Ipas Ethiopia staff. The Senior Finance Manager is a member of Ipas Ethiopia Senior Management Team.
Duties and responsibilities
Organizational Leadership and Strategy:
- Provides financial leadership to the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team by offering strategic financial management advice and technical expertise required for the smooth operations of Ipas Ethiopia program.
- Leads the development and regular updating of the finance department’s strategy and Finance manual aligned with the country strategic plan.
- Responsible for the results-oriented performance of the Ethiopia finance team.
Financial and Risk Management:
- Leads in developing, updating, and disseminating Ipas country level financial manual that includes financial policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads regular, high-level reviews of financial status and spending across the country office, identifying opportunities for increased cost efficiency and leading efforts to resolve problems.
- Leads risk mitigation planning for the country office in close collaboration with stakeholders; Ensures internal control and risk mitigation systems are in place and functional.
- Leads and Ensures country level compliance with Ipas financial policies, procedures, and standards (e.g., Minimum Standards, Authority matrix) as well as with donor contractual requirements.
Program, technical, or functional content of the job:
- Finalizes or reviews all financial reports and deliverables in a timely manner (e.g., monthly financial reports, inventory reports)
- Leads the coordination of local audits; reviews and streamlines audit reports for submission to Government of Ethiopia and Ipas Consolidating office.
- Collaborates with country office internal stakeholders, donors, government agencies, and Ipas Network offices, to share best practices, ensure compliance, and the successful use of the ERP system
- Reviews and regularly updates finance policy and procedures to ensure effective and enabling financial controls are in place and are in tune with Ipas Network financial procedures and global best practices; Ensures strong internal controls are in place and effective to ensure Ipas assets are safeguarded from financial loss.
- Reviews and approves financial data & fiscal compliance to donors and /or other stakeholders.
- Contributes to project design and proposal development in relevant areas, such as budgeting, internal controls, contract compliance and stewardship of funding.
- Manages the processes of financial forecasting and budgeting such as the Annual Operating Budget (AOB)
- Ensure statutory, legal and other relevant compliance are respected.
Communications & representation:
- Reviews and shares learning and results within the Ipas network
- Leads in protecting the Ipas reputation (e.g., good stewardship of funding)
- Builds and maintains strong external relationships and partnerships in relevant areas (Finance, Audit)
- Effectively and clearly communicates potential risks in a timely manner to the Country Director and other members of the Senior Management Team of Ipas Ethiopia.
- Participates in Ipas Network initiatives, as possible, to represent Ethiopia and the Finance team.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams; create a positive work environment,
- including through supportive supervision, non-hierarchical leadership approaches, maintaining flexibility, prioritizing competing deadlines and modeling the Ipas core values.
- A deep commitment to sexual and reproductive health and rights, especially abortion and contraception access.
- Demonstrated capacity and commitment to good stewardship of funds, including
- strong skills in work planning budgeting financial monitoring and data-driven problem solving.
- Proven ability to build positive working relationships with diverse internal teams and external partners
Key skills and qualifications:
- A qualified finance professional with Master’s degree in accounting, management or other related fields, experience with Excel and an ERP system
- A minimum of 15 years progressive experience in financial management and leadership role and experience in working with international non-governmental organizations
- Innovative/creative, team builder, communicator and excellent team player
- Interested, capable and willing to travel to project sites and provide support and technical guidance as deemed necessary.
- Proven ability in managing and leading diverse staffs and partners
- Facilitation and training experience
- High integrity and attention to details
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to apply for Ipas Ethiopia Jobs 2023?
Note: Female applicants are highly encouraged!
Ipas management reserves the right to modify the contents of this position description at any time. Ipas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send CV and application within 15 days from the day of announcement to the following address or hand-deliver to our office:
Micky Leland Street (22 Mazoria)
Behind Yeshi Buna
Tel: 011 663 3379/ 011 662 6311
P.O. Box 63001 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
N.B. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted