Internews Job Vacancy 2024 [Experienced Only]: A total of 01 “Media Advisor” vacancies for Experienced only Candidates. Applicants must apply before February 14, 2024. The Internews is currently located at Addis Ababa.
Internews Job Vacancy 2024 – Ethio Jobs. The Internews looking for “Media Advisor” Vacancy. Internews has released the job notification to hire the candidates who completed a Degree in B.A. may apply on or before February 14, 2024.
Internews has published an employment notification February 05, 2024 in Addis Zemen regarding the currently vacant post on various posts. Therefore, interested Ethiopia Govt job seekers must apply before the closing date. Internews Job Vacancy 2024.
Internews Job Vacancy 2024
|Internews Job Vacancy 2024 A total of 01 vacancies for Experienced only.
|February 05, 2024
|February 14, 2024
|As per Company Scale
Job Vacancy Summary
- Hiring Authority: Internews
- Department: HR Department
- Organization Type: Private
- Employment Type: Full time
- Position: Media Advisor
- Total Vacancy: 01
- Closing Date: February 14, 2024
- Application Process: Offline
- Email: email@example.com
- The Media Advisor will lead training and mentoring of community radio stations and campus radios in their content production under Conflict- and gender-sensitive journalism and radio training for community and campus radio stations. He/she will also lead on Radio content production on peace-related thematic issues, monitor the work of Subgrant under the project, and participate in all partners’ activities.
Description of main duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of challenges and issues facing the media especially community media in Ethiopia.
- Lead the training of media personnel working at community and campus radio stations on various topics including, but not limited to, basic journalism, conflict-sensitive journalism, gender-sensitive journalism and other topics identified by VIP project.
- Support community and campus radio stations in the production of audio contents related to peace building and social cohesion.
- support media trainers and consultants to deliver high quality trainings and mentoring (online and offline) in strategic communications, multi-media campaign planning and delivery, and social media.
- Provide mentorship support to community and campus radio stations on topic selection content production, editing and other aspects of radio program production as needed.
- Provide technical support to sub-grantees and partners on identification, selection and training of CSOs.
- Work closely with project partners and sub-grantees on developing and initiating feedback mechanisms.
- Support the establishment and running of listening groups at implementing regions.
- Monitor the implementation of activities by sub-contractors and sub-grantees and provide technical support whenever needed.
- Follow up the timely production of audio content by community radio stations and campus radios as stipulated in the workplan.
- Work closely with project partner and other sub-contractors to design, plan and implement and national media campaign.
- Monitor and track the progress of the national media campaign; gather updates and reports from sub-contractors.
- Provide on-going support for implementors of the national media campaign.
- Master’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in communication, journalism, media projects management, training of media professionals is a must.
- Experience in designing and delivering trainings on journalism, media, communication, and community engagement is desired.
- Experience as a manager or trainer with professional capacity-building
- programs for journalists and media outlets and strong knowledge of new media preferred.
- Experience in designing and implementing media campaigns and community engagement activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and multi-media production software/tools
How to apply for Internews Jobs 2024?
- Write a short cover letter that includes your telephone number and email.
- Include your CV.
- This position is for Ethiopian nationals only. Qualified and experienced female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the position in the subject line.
- Applications must be received by February 14th, 2024.